[ccp4bb]: Re:

>   This is a general MR question. Can some one enlighten me on the
> relationship, if any, between the resolution of the data and the
> accuracy of the model used in MR. For example, if I use only low
> resolution data say 6.0 A to calculate the rotn. fn., etc, can I get
> results by using a model that has rmsd of say 6.0 A from the 'true'
> structure? Any references, comments would be welcome. Thanks.

In practice, there is not much correlation between the high resolution
boundary and the accuracy of the model.  Experiences have shown that when
the model and the target differ by more than 2A in CA rmsd, MR is unlikely
to be able to find a solution, independent of the resolution of the data.
This makes sense.  On the other hand, most MR problems that can be solved
are using the highest resolution at 3-5 A, unless you have absolutely very
similar structures (e.g. single-site mutant of the same protein), in that
case you can use high resolution data.  Resolution is not a remedy for
accuracy.

Wai