[ccp4bb]: R-sym I/sigI etc...

Hello All,

I thought this was a settled issue.  That R-syms and mean I/sigI's are a
non -ussue and that the best stratety is to include all information.

I sent a crystallization manuscript with
R-sym in final shell 60.7 Redundancy 8.1 I/sigI 0.9 9all in the final
shell).

Acta D refused to publish it (a crystallization manuscript) unless I cut
my resolution or my redundancy  to get better R-sym at the outermost shell
or cut I/sig I at 1.5..

The catch is as you collect data to this redundancy the data does get
weaker and I/sigI gets poorer. I personally think this fine as we have
solved the structure refined etc.. etc.. and everything looks fine.

So, do I give up to referees request and publish with lower resolution
cutoff / lower redundancy cutoff etc.. of do I fight or do I just not
publish the crystallization paper (which is what I am now inclined to
do)..

I thought I would poll the web before I decide....

Thanks.

Rams.

--
S. Ramaswamy